Persons who are eligible to claim needs to obtain valid ITIN (US Tax ID):

A) Individuals claiming the benefits of a tax treaty who are either exempt from or subject to a reduced rate of tax on their income from scholarships, fellowships, or grants (i.e. foreign students, scholars, professors, researchers, or foreign visitors, or any other individual) and

B) Who will be submitting Form W-8BEN to the withholding agent.

Documentation to be submitted by individuals who are eligible to claim Exception.

  1. A copy of a contract with a College, University, or Educational Institution.
  2. A letter or official notification from the Educational Institution (i.e. College or University) awarding the non-compensatory scholarship, fellowship, or grant; or along with:
  3. A copy of the individual’s passport showing a valid Visa issued by the US Department of State and 
  4. Evidence (information) displayed on the Form W-7/ W-7(SP) application that the person is entitled to claim the benefits of a tax treaty, and
  5. A copy of the Form W-8BEN that was submitted to the withholding agent, attached to the Form W-7/W-7(SP); and
  6. A letter from the Social Security Administration (SSA)*, stating that the individual is ineligible to receive a Social Security Number. te, and
    Note: Students on an F-1, J-1, or M-1 visa who will not be working while studying in the U.S., will not have to apply for an SSN. They will be permitted to provide a letter from their Designated School Official (DSO) or Responsible Officer (RO), stating that they will not be securing employment in the U.S. or receiving any type of income from personal services.

Our team specialise with international expatriate U.S. personal tax return service. If you need assistance with US 1040 filing for refund claim/FATCA Compliance work/FBAR FINCEN114 Filing, ITIN/ Form W7 Application/EIN/Form W8BENE or CAA services/1040NR U.S. tax filing for refund claim of excess 1042S / 8288A/ 8805/ W2/ 1099. We are happy to assist our clients in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective way.

    OR WWW.ITINCAA.COM for more ITIN/US tax based FAQ.
Email Us: [email protected].
Call us on: L: +442082211154, M: +447914393183.

For overseas clients. We can arrange for a skype interview if the documents are sent to one of our representative teams.
Our Skype ID is: TAH2108