We help people around the world apply for U.S. tax ID/ITIN numbers!

Are you a person that needs to apply for an Individual Tax Identification Number, known as an ITIN? ITINCAA. has Certified Acceptance Agents CAA on staff to review your identification documents for authenticity so that you don’t have to send the original to the IRS. A Certified Acceptance Agent is a person or entity who has been authorized by the IRS to assist individuals and other foreign persons who do not qualify for a Social Security Number but who still need an ITIN to process a 1040NR or other tax schedules.

ITINCAA facilitates the application process by reviewing the necessary documents and forwarding the completed forms to the IRS. Once we receive your acceptable documentation, we must complete a face-to-face interview to confirm your identity. Ideally, we would love to meet with you in person but if that is not possible, then we have several other options to choose from such as Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, or WhatsApp.

Whether you are selling your property FIRPTA claim, earning rental income, or claiming a dependent on your U.S. tax return, Gambling Winnings, Royalty Income, LLC Income, Partnership income, we are here to help!

Determine your reason for applying



  1. Non-resident alien required to get an ITIN to claim a tax treaty benefit
  2. Non-resident alien filing a US federal tax return
  3. US resident alien filing (based on days present in the US) filing a US federal tax return
  4. Dependent on US citizen/resident alien
  5. Spouse of a US citizen/resident alien
  6. Non-resident alien student, professor, or searcher filing a US federal tax return or claiming an exception
  7. Dependent or spouse of a non-resident alien holding a US visa
  8. Other reason (known as Exceptions)
  • Exception 1 Passive Income – Third-Party Withholding: if you receive partnership income, interest income, annuity income, rental income, or other passive income that is subject to third-party withholding (1042-S, 1099-INT, 1099-MISC, 8805, K-1, etc.)
  • Exception 2 Other Income: This exception may apply if:
    – 1. If you can claim the benefit of a US income tax treaty with a foreign country and you are receiving any of the following:
    – a. Wages, salary, compensation, and honoraria payments
    – b. Scholarships, fellowships, and grants; and/or
    – c. Gambling Income; or
    – 2. You are receiving the taxable scholarship, fellowship, or grant income, but not claiming the benefits of an income tax treaty
  • Exception 3 Mortgage Interest – Third-Party Reporting: If you have a home mortgage loan on real property that you own in the United States that is subject to third-party reporting of mortgage interest
  • Exception 4 Dispositions by a Foreign Person of US Real Property: Use this exception when a foreign person sells real property in the United States that is subject to third-party withholding commonly referred to as FIRPTA

Exception 5 Treasury Decision (TD) 9363: Use this exception if you have an IRS reporting requirement under TD 9363 and you are submitting a Form W-7 with Form 1335.

Proof Of Identification

One of the requirements for the ITIN application is to have proof of your identification.

When applying for an ITIN, you will need to confirm your identity and foreign status by providing certain identification documents.

Out of the 13 acceptable documents, a valid passport is the ONLY document that satisfies both of these requirements. If you don’t have a valid passport, you will need to submit two or more documents from the following list:

  • Passport (Must be current and signed)
  • National Identification Card (Must be current and contain a name, photograph, address, date of birth and expiration date)
  • The United States Driver’s License
  • Civil Birth Certificate (Required for applicants under 18 if the passport is not provided) **
  • Medical Records (Valid only for dependents under age 6) **
  • Foreign Driver’s License
  • United States State Identification Card
  • Foreign Voters Registration Card
  • The United States Military Identification Card
  • Foreign Military Identification Card
  • School Records (valid only for dependents under age 14 (under age 18 if a student)) **
  • Visa issued by the United States Department of State
  • United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Photo Identification

**May be used to establish “foreign status” only if the documents are foreign.

At ITINCAA.com, we are certified acceptance agents (CAA) Approved by IRS operating in 4 countries. This means that we have been authorized to determine if your documents are authentic. We will make an official copy of your original document, attach our certification, then send the copy to the IRS for processing. This way, you get to keep your original documents! Please note that a notarized document from a solicitor, mayor, judge, town hall, public notary, minister, or any of the like are NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Identity Confirmation

Once it has been determined which of the acceptable documents will be used for your ITIN application, we will need to confirm your identity.

Ideally, we would prefer to meet with you in person but if that is not possible then we have several other options to choose from. After we receive your identification documents, we will need to conduct an interview with you over the internet using Skype, Zoom, FaceTime, or WhatsApp.

You will also need to use a device that has a camera such as a smartphone, tablet, or webcam on your computer or laptop. If you don’t have access to the internet, or if we are not able to meet with you in person, then we will not be able to help you apply for the ITIN.

Our team specialise with international expatriate U.S. personal tax return service. If you need assistance with US 1040 filing for refund claim/FATCA Compliance work/FBAR FINCEN114 Filing, ITIN/ Form W7 Application/EIN/Form W8BENE or CAA services/1040NR U.S. tax filing for refund claim of excess 1042S / 8288A/ 8805/ W2/ 1099. We are happy to assist our clients in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective way.

    OR WWW.ITINCAA.COM for more ITIN/US tax based FAQ.
Email Us: [email protected].
Call us on: L: +442082211154, M: +447914393183.

For overseas clients. We can arrange for a skype interview if the documents are sent to one of our representative teams.
Our Skype ID is: TAH2108